Sunday, March 20, 2011

MFAH sketching and questions










a. What was the most enjoyable thing you saw? Why?

  • I thought that the most enjoyable thing that I saw were the pieces from Carlos Cruz-Diez and all the European paintings. I loved how some of Carlos's art work were three dimensional and how it drew my attention. It was pretty interesting they way he used cardboard and color to make the form of shape on the piece. In some of his pieces you actually had to walk forward and back to have a better view of the movement with a certain piece. I enjoyed the European painting just because I find the artifacts very fascinating and historical.

b. What was the most disturbing thing you saw? Why?

  • Looking throughout the entire museum and I believe that what I thought was most disturbing to me is the CORE exhibition. The exhibition was disturbing in a way because some of the art work that was in the building I didn't quiet understand what they were interpreting as I walked and glanced. 



c. What piece in the museum is the most like something you might make yourself, or would like to make? Why? 

  • A piece in the museum that I might want to make myself would probably to the sculptures in the Cullen Sculpture garden. It was pretty entertaining to walk outside into a garden and finding sculptures all over. These sculptures were enormous and brilliant and its something that I would not mind to make. 


No comments:

Post a Comment