Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Mark Making from beginning to end








Critiquing Information:

1. Overall Composition
I think that my overall composition  was good, the place of the piece fit correctly with my theme and story. 

2. Sense of mood/emotion or sensory experience
The sense of mood/emotion is impatient/relieved 

3 Relationship of mood/emotion to mark 
The marks that I used  was the feeling I had as I was making these marks  to show how impatient I was and how I was relieved  at the end. So it wasn't quite shown on the marks as much as I thought it was going to come out. 


4.. Use of negative space
I did have a lot of negative space that appeared on my mark making which i felt that I probably couldve made the marks a little bit strong and thicker to have a  bit negative space. So that way I couldve expressed the emotions better now that I looked at it.

5. Use or medium/materials. 
I used a canvas for the marks, I bought a curtain and curtain rod that fit perfectly with my story that looked like a theatre.

6. Presentation
I presented the piece with the curtains open and tied to show the canvas, but I was suggested to leave the curtains closed so that people would peek through it.

No comments:

Post a Comment